December 27, 2008

Happy 50th Birthday Mom!

Tonight was my mom's 50th birthday. When she got up that morning she had no idea what was in store for her day. It started out a bit rough, I went and picked her and we had to get her into a new outfit. If any of you know my mom you know she is most comfortable in jeans and a sweatshirt. She didn't know when I picked her up that she was going to dinner at Stanley and Seaforts and that she might not be to comfortable in the outfit she had on; so we were off to the Supermall.
The 1st part of her birthday surprise started out at dinner. I dropped her off at Henry's work and went sneakily over to the restaurant. She knew she was going to dinner but had no idea that me, Eric, Matt and Blake would be waiting there to surprise her. She was so thrilled that we were there to celebrate her big day with her. We had a wonderful dinner and parted ways. She thought that her and Henry were off to the movies but she couldn't have been more wrong. After dinner was over we had to find the fastest route back to Henry and my mom's house so we could be there for the big surprise.
We made it to Orting as fast as we could and made it there in perfect time. My mom had no idea what she had in store. All of her favorite people had gathered at her house to celebrate her big
5-0. She had such a great time. I am glad that we were able to pull of the surprise without her finding out. It was a great night spent celebrating with good friends. Love you mom!
Papa Henry, Grandma and Blake at dinner
Mom and Matt


Blake eating dinner at Stanley and Seaforts
Henry and Karen
Blake's new "cheesy" grin

High 5

Kennie & Wade
Teri
Karen & Betty

Don & Blake
Sharon, Karen & Pat
Great Grandma and Blake
Grandma and Blake
Eric and Matt
Mom in her new vest

No comments: