January 27, 2009

My Baby Boy is turning 1!!!

I can't believe that in two weeks my little baby is going to be 1 year old! I don't know where the time went. I took him to get his 1 year pictures at Penny's and he would much rather be playing. It was pretty tough getting him to sit still but the photographer worked well with him. He is becoming quite the little character. I am getting so excited for his birthday party. He will be wearing the cute little shirt with the 1 and the monkey on it at his party. I got the iron on transfer made from an awesome lady Kim. She also made Blake's birthday invitations and they both turned out amazing.


Blakes new trick







These next pictures did not go the way I had envisioned. So it turns out that Blake is terribly afraid of cake. I went to the Pioneer bakery in Puyallup and had them make this cake special for his pictures (that goodness it was only $7.00). I was so excited because I had seen so many "smash cake" pictures and thought Blake would have so much fun. That was not the case as soon as he touched the frosting he freaked out; he cried in fear. It really broke my heart to see him so afraid. I am not sure if it was the texture or what but he was not liking it at all. After he had calmed down I tried to show him the cake and he was even scared of just looking at it. I hope he gets over his fear quickly because his party is coming soon. Even with him being afraid the photographer got some pretty cute shots.




No comments: